Prospectors Federal Credit Union is looking for outgoing, enthusiastic, motivated and honest team members with excellent Member Service skills and a desire to work in a great team setting. We value each team member and promote a fun and friendly atmosphere.
In addition to offering challenging responsibilities that encourage personal growth and professional development, we offer an excellent benefits package and a competitive compensation plan that rewards team members for their hard work.
- Health Insurance Coverage (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- 401(k) Plan with dollar for dollar match (up to 6%)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Vacations
- Paid Holidays
- Special Recognition Programs
Current Job Opening
JOB TITLE: Operations Specialist
JOB DESCRIPTION: This is a hands-on position reporting directly to the Vice President of Operations. Works to ensure that the day-to-day, monthly, and quarterly operations of the Credit Union run smoothly within policy. Serves as backup for electronic processing. Requires a high degree of flexibility, attention to detail, accuracy, and good time management skills. This is a full-time, in the office daily position.
Responsibilities and Accountability:
- Process member requests, in person, by telephone or mail regarding:
- Deposits, withdrawal requests, check cashing, loan payments, transfers, Verification of Deposits (VOD), share certificate renewals.
- Open new accounts and provide account information regarding all savings products, checking accounts, and IRA’s.
- Cross-sell credit union products and services.
- Order and/or issue ATM Cards, Debit Cards, Share Drafts, and Loan Coupons.
- Perform limited file maintenance and account changes as authorized.
- Process stop payment requests.
- Provide information on electronic services, wires, ACH set-up.
- Close accounts.
- Verify and post member group payroll deductions.
- Manage and balance cash drawer.
- Support/Backup Responsibilities
- ACH Origination Set-ups and releases
- Serve as vault teller, ordering cash, vault security, and balancing
- Maintain adequate amounts of funds in the Dyna Cash Machine
- Ensure that tellers follow break and lunch schedules
- Balancing and closing CU branch
- Reviewing and processing Check21 file
- Preparing for onboarding and training new tellers
- Assist in out-of-balance issues
- Perform weekly cash counts for other tellers
- Set up and reset members on Home Banking
- Responsible for reviewing DMV Title releases.
- Process Skip-A-Pays
- General Office Tasks:
- Assists in answering telephone calls;
- Scan daily work and deposits; Mail various member notices; process various monthly tasks;
- Maintain teller counter area; inventory of supplies and appearance of displays; Assist in training new staff members;
- Assist the operations department in the completion of other duties as assigned.
- Assist in projects as assigned
- Business Development-As Needed
- Maintain outstanding relationships with all SEG Ambassadors, including scheduling visits and processing Ambassador Requests such as “Employee Benefits” days.
- Set up and man Booths at Community Events and Business Expo’s
- Maintain the “On-boarding” log and follow up with Members to ensure that they are always aware of the status of their account opening requests.
- Cross sell where appropriate, while “on-boarding” new members to ensure that they are getting the maximum benefit from their membership.
- Compliance Reports
- Reviewing and processing of below minimum and dormant accounts
- Review File Maintenance Reports
- Review all new accounts and ensure compliance and onboarding
- Review closed account reports
- Assist with audits and exams as necessary
- IRA Reporting
- IRA Tax reporting
- Auditing to ensure correct coding is being reported
- Balancing transactions on Corelation with Ascensus
- Develop an understanding of Credit Union History, philosophy, organization, operational procedures, and credit union practices.
- Attend training sessions when applicable.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate professional communication skills with members, staff, and vendors.
- Ability to follow verbal instructions and written procedures.
- Make sound decisions based on logic and experience.
- Member Service Oriented with a neat professional appearance.
- Organized, efficient, self-motivated and accurate.
- Must be a high school graduate with basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Two to three years of credit union/banking experience
- Experience in PC, Microsoft Word & Excel, ten-key, typing and spelling skills.
Please send resumes to Brenda DeAnda, VP of Operations [email protected]